It’s Match Day In The Capital – Live Blogging Day Two

6.15 a.m.

Still dark now at this time, so it was nice to get one last look at the lights on the bridge over the River Taff, before the day breaks.

I like Cardiff, and it feels more like my capital than London. Although I’m English by birth – and proud of that – I also have Welsh roots that I’m equally proud of.

The two sit very comfortably side by side, as far as I’m concerned. It’s all about identity and for me personally, I embrace both my English and Welsh roots. It’s who I am.

8.00 a.m.

Lead image is the same as yesterday’s live blog, in the sense that it’s breakfast. I’m hungry, let’s go!

11.00 a.m.

Post-breakfast walk around the city centre. The Principality stadium dwarfs Cardiff Arms Park, which is right next to it.

I’ve been to Cardiff so many times in recent years and I never tire of walking around. Ultimately though, I wouldn’t want to live here.

Cities are great to visit but when it comes to living somewhere, I prefer a more rural setting.

12.00 noon

The players have had their pre-match meal and we’ll be leaving for the ground soon. I definitely eat more on overnight stays than I do normally.

12.30 p.m.

Leaving the hotel, next stop Cyncoed Stadium, as we take on Cardiff Metropolitan University FC, in the JD Cymru Premier.

2.00 p.m.

Thirty minutes to kick-off. We’ve been here a while and we’re ready to go with Twitter updates and TNS Radio commentary during the game itself.

3.20 p.m.

It’s half-time in the capital and the deadlock has yet to be broken. Cardiff Met had an early opportunity, as they hit the woodwork.

Since then, though, The New Saints have had the better of the chances. Another forty-five to come, let’s see what happens!

5.00 p.m.

It finished 1-0 to The New Saints, with an own goal separating the sides come the final whistle.

I’ve done post-match interviews with Scott Ruscoe and Danny Redmond and we’ve just left the stadium on the team bus. Next stop, Oswestry.

6.15 p.m.

We’ve been on the road for more than an hour and Scott’s interview is still only 69% uploaded. Welcome to the world of rural wi-fi.

8.00 p.m.

Almost at Oswestry and the video is 79% uploaded. It’s only a few minutes as well. I think I’ll have to wait until I get home later.

10.15 p.m.

Back home and the interview videos are on in no time at all.

11.00 p.m.

It’s been a long couple of days. Busy but blessed though.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s